Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Transfer Station is open Wednesday from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Unity Transfer Station is open to Town of Unity, NH residents only. Residents must have a valid, current Transfer Station/Recycling Permit sticker attached to their vehicle.
A vehicle sticker can be obtained from the Unity Town Offices with a written record of vehicle registration and proof of property ownership. Vehicle stickers are limited to two (2) per household.
Residents purchase special yellow bags for their household solid waste. The special yellow bags have a distinct marking and are available for Unity Residents at the Transfer Station. The revenue from the sale of the bags pays for the disposal of the waste and the operation of the Transfer Station. The special yellow bags are the only bags allowed in the compactor.
- All waste must be in a special yellow bag or it will not be accepted.
- Bags are sold singly for $2.50 or 10 bags per roll for $25.00.
- Fees must be paid at the Transfer Station when items are dropped off.
- The Transfer Station attendants are willing to answer any questions or give you a hand with heavy items.
- Recycling is free.
You can reduce your disposal costs by:
- Composting kitchen scraps and yard waste.
- Purchasing goods in recyclable packaging.
- Recycling as much as possible because recycling is free.